Job Title: Employment Specialist/Case Manager
Location: Hybrid (Remote and Lynn, MA)
Background: The New American Association of Massachusetts (NAAM) is a non-profit organization that provides social support services to refugees and immigrants in Massachusetts. Core services include: ESOL classes, employment, case management, citizenship, youth programming, and more. We are currently hiring an Employment Specialist to support the administering of NAAM’s employment services.
Purpose: To provide employment, case management services and educational services to refugee clients served by NAAM and provide them with assistance with the job search, job preparedness, and help to non-English speaking clients to overcome cultural, linguistic, and personal barriers to obtain, meaningful and rewarding job experience, and ensure successful social adjustment.
CRES Program Tasks
- Conduct initial assessment of clients’ language and job skills, overall job readiness based on individual work-related strength, level of motivation, short and long-term career goals.
- Conduct and monitor activities within CRES scope of services in Lynn and other multiple remote refugee resettlement sites (North Shore and Greater Boston Area)
- Coordinate and organize the referrals to CRES and conduct CRES orientations with clients that explain the expectations and program components with additional explanation of NAAM’s programs and services.
- Provide CRES enrollment support to clients living in emergency shelters, potentially traveling to shelters to conduct initial assessments and CRES orientations.
- Refer clients to other programs within NAAM when necessary.
- Provide support to clients with the job search process; meet with referred clients to develop their resumes; complete job applications; advise on networking strategies; and practice interviewing skills.
- Conduct job development activities to reach out to new employers and maintain professional relationship with existing employment partners, conduct outreach to employers via phone calls, email, attending job fairs, and in-person visits to employer facilities and maintain relationships with key employers.
- Create a portfolio of available job skills trainings as well as a portfolio of employer connections.
- Monitor clients’ progression into the workforce and help clients and employers navigate any adjustment difficulties.
- Refer program participants to ESL and Literacy program, communicate with ESL Instructors about placement, progress of the students as well as employment readiness.
- Assist supporting individual clients’ needs to begin in the ESL and Literacy program including setting up internet access, providing devices to clients and ensuring they know how to use the distributed device.
Documentation & Reporting
- Maintain required records and be responsible for program self-evaluation and reporting, ensure that RISIS database is updated, and reports submitted to MA Office of Refugees and Immigrants (MORI).
* Other duties as required. *
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Cultural sensitivity and knowledge of the needs of immigrants and refugees.
- Flexibility, dependability, strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong technology skills (including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, etc.).
- Individuals with lived immigrant/refugee experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Compensation & Schedule: $25 per hour, 40 hours per week
We aim to fill this position as soon as possible. To apply, please send a resume and brief email introducing yourself to Ally Croteau, CRES Program Manager, at email@example.com.