During this difficult time that we are facing, with the spread of the Corona virus, we want to share some information with you. First, we want you to know that we, the staff and teachers at NAAM, are making plans to continue offering our programs and services to you. The Center is open and operating, although on a more limited basis than usual. Some staff members are in their offices, and others are working from home. You can reach them by telephone, (781) 593-0100 and/or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns you have.
Our goal is to make sure that you are informed about the situation and have the information and support that you need.
Here is a list of guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control:
Stay informed and prepared
- Visit the CDC Website, or other reputable sources. There are daily updates.
- Wash your hands with hot, soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth, ideally with a tissue or elbow, when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Minimize touching your eyes, nose, and face.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently touched by others.
- If you are not feeling well, stay home from work and get better.
- Get a flu shot to stay healthy and out of the doctor’s office.
- Get plenty of sleep. It boosts the immune system.
- Plan for meals at home, just like you prepare for a hurricane. Don’t forget your pets!
- A family can go through soap, paper goods, feminine products, and diapers pretty quick. Check your supply.
- If you take prescription medication, don’t forget your next refill.
- Need new contact lenses? Is that hearing-aid battery running low? Think through over the counter medicines next time you are at the pharmacy.
- Mental health matters. Break out your favorite books, games, and household activities from the attic.
And here are some additional links to information regarding places and resources to find information and help during the Corona virus crisis: